As we now know the Royal Airship Works (R.A.W.) was formed in 1920 when the government took over the site from Shorts and retained its name and presence until 1938.
During these traumatic years staff had endured the trauma of firstly the R38 crash in 1921 and then the R101 crash in 1930 both resulting in high costs of lives. This section will attempt to remember the workers at all levels who were part of these times and also salute them for the often unsung feats they achieved. Hopefully these pages will develop in the coming years so their contribution to both local and national history will not be overlooked.